Monday, May 11, 2009

Keyshia Cole


Keyshia Cole, along side her adoptive mom, Yvonne Cole, covers the June issue of Sister 2 Sister magazine. Keyshia Cole opens up to Sister 2 Sister and discusses an array of topics ranging from her ongoing efforts to find her other siblings to her plans for the future.

Keyshia's thoughts on settling down now…
I don’t want to settle down because I want to be seen right in God’s eyes. And also, my husband will understand that when you create a castle, more can come to you because you’re living right and your doing right by each other. So he’ll understand that as well as I understand it and he will love me as good as I can love him and he will be a friend.

Why loving two moms isn’t easy…
I mean, it’s crazy to me because both of my mothers are going through so much. My (biological mother) Frankie is off drugs now, so she’s very jealous of my adoptive mother raising me and creating this person you see before you. And also, it’s not fair to my adoptive mother because she never did anything but help.

On finding Frankie’s other kids…
It’s three more out there. One of them is 17. One is 18 and I think the other one may be 13. So I’m looking for them because it’s so crucial right now. I’m going to find them.

What she see’s in her future…
I want to be married. I want to have a child. I want to own my coffee shop. I want to own a pet store. I want to learn how to cook. I want to go back to school.

The June issue of Sister to Sister magazine is available now on newsstands.

No comments: