Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Question Of The Day

Who inspires you? Inspiration is always good. What inspiration does for me is encourage me to be the best person that I can be. I have been inspired by so many people in my life. I must say though that the person who has inspired me the most is my mother, Bettie Jean Smith. My mother grew up in Mississippi during a time where we didn’t have the same rights and opportunities as our fellow Americans. My mom chopped cotton in the hot sun daily, but she always knew that a better life was ahead for her and she vowed that her children would have a better life than she did. She is the most giving person I know and her dedication and love for her family is unwavering. I always say that the reason I am good mother to my daughter Jazz is because my mom was a good mother to me. My mother did what she set out in life to do; she created a better life for herself and her children. She will always be a source of inspiration for me.

No comments: