Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Follow Your Dream...


Since I can remember, I have always been writing. I have always loved writing stories, poems, whatever; if writing was involved, I was all over it. I’m not sure how my passion for writing evolved. Maybe it was because I always wanted to speak out against things I felt that wasn’t right, or some how inspire change, and I used writing as a medium to do it. It baffles me sometimes that I never thought about majoring in journalism in college. I didn’t realize that I could perhaps have a successful career as a writer. But nevertheless, I went down a different path, but this dream to become a successful writer will not go away. So, I have deemed myself a “freelance writer,” although when I apply for a writing position, my writing experience is limited and people may feel that I can’t live up to their expectations. I say all this to encourage anyone who has a dream and because “life happens,” you let it go; follow your dream. I told myself that I have a lifetime to make my dream come true. I don’t give up so easily. It will happen in due time…

No comments: