Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Education

Education continues to be the seed to help our communities to grow and to prosper. My mother always taught me the importance of an education and she made sure my siblings and I was in school every single day. Some may disagree, but my own personal belief is that an education opens up the door for opportunity and Oprah Winfrey feels the same. According to the Associated Press, Oprah Winfrey donated $365,000 dollars last week to “The Ron Clark Academy,” a private school in one of Atlanta’s poorest neighborhoods. In fact, the “Oprah Winfrey Foundation” gave $4 million to educational programs this year. In 2009, make education a priority and check out the video below to see for yourself just how special the children at “The Ron Clark Academy” are.

No comments: