Monday, October 5, 2009

How Come You Hit On Me?


You were my husband. You were supposed to do the things you chose to do. I loved you ‘til the end. And I’d rather die before I let my kids see; the way you hit on me. The way you hit on me. Every night I’d cry hoping that they never see. The way you hit on me. The way you hit on me. The way you hit on me. How come you hit on me?

I made believe that it really didn’t hurt me. Made believe that I only hurt myself. I believed you every time you said I’m sorry. Was too ashamed to tell someone I needed help.

-Syleena Johnson “Hit On Me”

October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month. According to statistics, every 15 seconds a woman is physically assaulted within her home. Remember that suffering is OPTIONAL! You have a voice. You have a choice. You don’t have to suffer. If you are a victim of domestic violence, please get help!

The National Domestic Violence hotline is 1-800-799-SAFE (7233). Anonymous & Confidential Help 24/7.

No comments: