Monday, July 6, 2009

Question Of The Day

Are you living your life to the fullest?

It seems as though lately, we have been constantly reminded of the fact that life is not promised. I learned just how true this was when I was about 12-years-old. You see, my big sister died of cancer at age 14 and what I realized reflecting back on that time of my life is that her death was the pivotal moment in which the perspective that I would have on life was formed. At a young age, I was able to develop a sense of purpose in life. I was able to conjure up big dreams for myself. I was able to make big plans. I just thought that since my sister wasn’t able to live her life to the fullest, then I knew I had to.

Some of us are living our lives with no purpose or direction. Some of us have dreams we want to see fulfilled and goals we want to accomplish, but for whatever reason, we haven’t been able to set things in motion. Maybe fear or self-doubt is holding us back. Maybe we are easily influenced by the negative people in our lives. I am not sure. But what I am sure of is, life is not promised, and to live your life to the fullest, and to live life without regret, you owe it to yourself to make you dreams come true, to accomplish your goals, and to leave your mark in this world? So I ask the following questions today.

What are your dreams?

What are some of the goals you want to accomplish in life?

What’s keeping you from reaching your dreams, accomplishing your goals, and living a fulfilled life?

2 comments:

Teeks said...

Thanks for writing that..I think I needed to see that. I myself am my own worst enemy. My lack of confidence. But I just wanted to say thanks for posting this.

Onetta said...

@Teeks, glad you enjoyed the post and thanks for stopping by A Word For My Sistas!