Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Black Love



















When my husband and I got married, all odds were against us. We were young and we had a baby on the way. I would be lying if I said that we were both certain that this union would work. I would be lying if I said that we were prepared for the ups and downs we would face. The only thing I knew for sure, without a doubt, is that I loved him, I believed in family, and I believed in God. And I just felt that if we had these three key pieces of the puzzle, we were going to be alright.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s been days where he has made me cry, but there have been many more days where he has made me laugh. There has been days when I wanted to leave, but there have been many more days that I couldn’t imagine my life without him in it. We’ve grown together. Together we have built a solid foundation for our family. And we are just at a point where Happily Ever After seems so clear. So today with this post, I just wanted to remind you that Black love exist and Black love endures…

No comments: