Monday, December 1, 2008

Exclusive Q&A Session With Cri$tyle


Right now, you may not be familiar with singer/songwriter Cri$tyle, but I promise you, that will all change. Born Crystal Johnson, this native of Atlanta is a rising star in the music industry. Her amazing writing abilities have put her in the company with some of our biggest stars today. Penning songs for artist such as Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey, and Mrs. Beyonce, Cri$tyle has worked her way up the ranks and has become one of the most sought after singer/songwriters. 2008 proved to be the break out year for Cri$tyle. As one of the writing forces behind Mariah Carey’s hit single, “Touch My Body,” off her latest album E=MC²; Cri$tyle helped Mariah earn her 18th number one single on the Billboard Hot 100. With an impressive resume in tow and undeniable talents, there’s no doubt that Cri$tyle success will linger into the years to come. Checkout the following exclusive Q&A session with Cri$tyle.

Onetta: How long have you been a songwriter?

Cri$tyle: Professionally about 3 years, but I wrote my first song in the 5th grade.

Onetta: What motivated you and what continues to motivate you to go after your dreams?

Cri$tyle: My love for music was the first thing to motivate me to pursue a career in the music industry, and that still motivates me today. Plus my need to be heard.

Onetta: You are a young woman who is well on her way to a very promising career in the music industry. How does it feel to be you right now?

Cri$tyle: Really good, I feel very blessed. I have a lot of work to do still, so I’m not quit comfortable yet. Lol!

Onetta: In the past, you have worked with some of the biggest names in the music industry. Who are some of the music artists that you are currently working with?

Cri$tyle: I’m currently working on songs for upcoming projects of Toni Braxton, Leona Lewis, and Nick Carter. In a couple of weeks, I’ll be going back to Nashville to work with some of the great country artist.

Onetta: Which music artist have you enjoyed working with the most?

Cri$tyle: That’s a hard one lol! I actually enjoy working with all the artist I’ve worked with. But if I had to choose the most exciting, it would be my more recent time spent working on Beyonce’s new album “I Am Sasha Fierce” mainly because of her incredible vocal ability and the way she knows exactly what she wants and how she wants it.

Onetta: Not only are you a songwriter, but you are a singer as well. Do you have any plans in the near future to release an album?

Cri$tyle: I’m really content where I am right now, but I also know that I was blessed with different talents, so I plan to explore all aspects of entertainment in the future.

Onetta: Can you name some people who influenced you musically while growing up?

Cri$tyle: I don’t think you have enough time for me to name all of them lol. My main three would be Gladys Knight, Stevie Wonder, and Michael Jackson.

Onetta: What advice would you giving to anyone who wants to earn a living as a songwriter?

Cri$tyle: I would first say study your craft. Find ways to challenge yourself lyrically and melodically and also learn to except criticism but not be defined by it and pray a lot lol.

To learm more about Cri$tyle, visit www.myspace.com/cristylemusic.

No comments: