Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Word With Kendra G


Kendra G migrated from a small town
in Connecticut destined to be a star. When Kendra G took to the airwaves in Chicago as a radio personality on power 92, Chicago listeners quickly realized she had great things enstore for her. With a natural ability to get and deliver the latest entertainment stories on our hottest celebrities, Kendra G quickly became a force to be reckoned with. She has interviewed countless of celebrities, always exhibiting the class and poise she is known for. Kendra G has clearly demonstrated that she is more than just a pretty face, but rather a young woman on a mission to make all her dreams come true. Recently, Kendra G migrated back to the east coast and became a member of 100.3 “The Beat” in Philly. One thing is for certain, no matter where Kendra G is we are going to be hearing her name in the entertainment industry for a very long time. Check out the following Q&A session with Kendra G.

Onetta: Who has been the most influential woman in your life and why?

Kendra G: Without a doubt, JANET JACKSON! She taught me that dreams do come true and to never let anyone take your dream away. You have to remember, when Janet was trying to make a name for herself, her brother Michael Jackson was the king of the world. People looked at her as Michael's little sister, but she proved herself and she kept on pushing. She will always get credit for inspiring me to keep my dream alive...

Onetta: What motivates you to be so driven to succeed in life?

Kendra G: Ummm...I would say YOU, the ones who have dreams, and my mom. I work hard to be the example because I want people like you who do get some type of inspiration from me to know that GOD is big and he will and can make it happen. I am working hard so I can tell you, look what GOD did for me, he will do it for you too! And my mom, she gave up her life for me and my sisters, so now, I want to put her in retirement...I won't stop until I can make that dream a reality.

Onetta: Did you always have the desire to be a radio personality or did you start off on a different path in life?

Kendra G: No, I didn't always want to be a radio personality! I wanted to be a TV personality, but I was born to be on the radio. See on the radio, I can be "Kendra G" with no scripts. It is a way to relate to people first hand, connect with people. I love it! No matter where my TV career takes me, I will always be on the air!

Onetta: I know you love what you do, but what would you say is the hardest thing about your job?

Kendra G: The job to me is very easy because I love it, it's the sacrifices I have to make that are difficult. It's hard to have a personal life when you are going hard to make your dreams come true. You can't make birthday parties all the time and that sucks. But once I am super rich, the first thing I am going to do is give myself everyday off for a year!

Onetta: You have interviewed a number of celebrities, what was one your most memorable celebrity interview?

Kendra G: Without a doubt, Janet Jackson. It was a moment I will never forget because it was a dream. When I was little, I would tell people I was going to meet Janet one day and tell her how much she inspired my life and most doubted it would ever happen...guess what..I did! The moment was surreal and I will always cherish it...and I have it on tape!

Onetta: When you find yourself feeling a little discouraged in life, we all do sometimes, what do you do to pick yourself up?

Kendra G: I couldn't do this without my bestfriends! I have a friend for every occasion! They get me through and they keep me moving forward. When I doubt myself, they remind me how far I came and they tell me to keep going...I couldn't do it without them...honest truth...EVERYONE needs great friends in their life...

Onetta: What advice would you give to anyone striving to become a radio personality such as yourself?

Kendra G: Get a job in radio...any job! Just get in the door and always perfect your craft!

Onetta: In closing, I want to ask, where do you see yourself in the next five years?

Kendra G: On TV and a author of at least 2 books, I am writing one now...Maybe some other surprises their too...but I always say it's best to be about it than to speak about it...so keep paying attention...I promise...I wouldn't let you down!

To find out more about Kendra G, visit www.myspace.com/kendrag92.

No comments: